We are looking for an energetic team-player to work full time in our Billing Department. This is for a very busy urology practice. The position is mainly for doing pre-certs and answering phone calls in order to resolve questions/or disputes, setting up payment plans, processing payments to the appropriate accounts, and insurance write-offs.
Knowledge of EMR/Allscripts is preferred, along with knowledge of A/R with government and commercial insurances, follow-up on denials, appeals and calling insurance is required.
The right person must be able to multi-task and work with little supervision.
Job Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Posting of all electronic remittances
- Posting of lockboxes
- Retrieval and posting of ERAs from Payplus, Payspan and Provider Pay
- Retrieval and postings of ERAs from DirectProvider
- Retrieval and Posting of ERAs from Optum
- Posting of all Auto Payment Plans from CardPointe
- Submitting all secondary and tertiary claims from my postings
- Disbursement of all Correspondence to appropriate staff
- Office mail distribution, posting and deposit
- Front office deposit slips and deposits
- Balancing our bank money to our postings
Job Type: Full-time